Below is my traditional, formal, resume. If you would like to get to know me and what I’m passionate about in life, please head over to my about page. I look forward to getting to know you in either setting.
Scott Fillmer’s Contact Info
Mission and Focus
My mission is to help make what you’re passionate about successful. I have over twenty-five years of professional business experience from the airline industry, the tech industry, small businesses, and non-profit organizations. With a wide range of skills and experience from live production AVL to communications I enjoy helping others achieve their goals and objectives by successfully equipping them to reach that next level.
I’m fortunate to be in such a beautiful place like the Auburn-Opelika community. I have had the opportunity to live and work all over the world, giving me a worldwide perspective on different cultures and ways of living. Specifically, I’ve been working with partners in small local communities in Uganda on everything from infrastructure projects to technology networks for a growing university. I look forward to connecting with you.
Cornerstone Church, Director of Communications 2008-Present
As the Director of Communications and AVL Productions at Cornerstone I am responsible for all aspects of these areas. I develop and train teams in all areas of AVL for live performances, and lead a communications team in graphic design, marketing, and social media, to ensure Cornerstone is well represented internally, and externally in the community.
- Directs and manages all communications and media related outlets for Cornerstone
- Leads all live AVL production performances and events
- Develops and updates all branding and associated marketing campaigns
- Photographer / Videographer that collects, edits, and produces visual stories
- Manages all social media avenues for Cornerstone
- Accountable for collection and recording of $1.5 million in yearly non-profit giving
- Finance management, reporting, invoicing, budget development, forecasting
- Continual updates to Finance and Executive Committees on budgets and attendance
- Builds and manages teams of volunteers ranging from Production to Finance
- Manages technology, hardware, software, website, photography, and marketing
Scott Fillmer Photography, Owner 1995-2015
- Professional photographer specializing in non-profit work, conferences, and live events. Portfolio includes a wide range of genres and experience in photography.
- Past Clients include: ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Equifax, Auburn University, Catalyst Conference, Seth Godin, Catalyst Leadership Conferences (catalystspace.org), Giant Impact, Craig Groeschel (LifeChurch.tv), Grace Campus Ministries (gracecampus.net)
- Portfolio available upon request.
Pieces of the Past, Owner 1993-2008
- Business owner responsible for all aspects of business operations
- Product development and distribution for business enterprise
- Product specialization was import and distribution of Swarovski Crystals
- Increased worldwide sales and profitability for 10 straight years
- Sold business in 2008 to pursue opportunity with non-profit organization
McLeod Software, Software Specialist 1996-1998
- Installed UNIX servers, trained clients on software package
- Implemented upgrades on existing systems
- Support installed systems with existing customers
- Trained staff members on current user end systems
Southwest Airlines, Customer Service 1992-1996
- Customer Service Representative (SFO, DAL, SDF, BHM)
- Provided highest level of customer service for the flying public
- Awarded for consecutive employee attendance three years in a row
- Skilled and trained for constantly changing situations
- Obtained private pilots license
Skill Set Overview
My skill set is, of course, unique to me and my experiences. I have tried over the past 20 years to continually expand and learn as opportunities presented themselves. I have a strong background in technology and working with Non-Profit organizations. With that came some of these of specific skills.
- Communication: all aspects of running social media campaigns, printed materials, graphics design and marketing
- Technology: experience with all major platforms and OS including mobile platforms, wordpress social media, graphics design, basic coding, hardware and software training and support.
- Photography/Video: Adobe Systems, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, all forms of audio/video editing
- Live Events: leads all AVL, includes complete production management of live events, audio engineer, live stream, lighting programs
- Business Administration: Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Brand Development
- Non-Profit Management: Volunteer Teams, Admin Support, Budget Forecasting
- Writing: content writer, essays, academic writing, marketing
MA, Theological Studies: Liberty University (Lynchburg, VA) 2012
Completed a Master of Arts in Theology with a GPA of 3.85. Currently have completed a majority of the requirements for the Master of Divinity (MDiv) in Theology and Apologetics program while maintaining the highest quality of academic work.
BA, Business Accounting: University of Alabama at Birmingham (Birmingham, AL) 1996
Completed B.A. in Business with major in Accounting with over 150 credit hours of study completed, continuing into MBA program upon graduation to pursue requirements for CPA. Minor studies in photography.
Volunteer Experience (Details)
- Project Linus: Assistant Chapter Coordinator for Lee County, Feb 2016-Present
- Africa Renewal Ministries: Freelance Photographer, 2012-2013
- YouVersion Bible App: User Advocate, 2012-2014
- IBM Worldwide Community Grid: Hardware Specialist, 2011-2015
- Catalyst Leader Conferences: Freelance Photographer, Mar 2009-Nov 2009
- Cornerstone Church: Freelance Photographer, 2006-2008
- Creede Baptist Church: Web Developer, 2004-2006
- Hunter Street Baptist Church: Web Developer, 1994-1996