Children's Sunday School Answers // Quips
This is a continuation of my Sunday posts called Quotes and Quips. This week, Children's Answers to Sunday School Questions. Most of these were saved by my mother-in-law in a notebook full of cute sayings. Some of us remember the days of Sunday School growing up, and sooner or later we had to actually learn something. Here is a list of "answers" that kids gave in Sunday School (you will have to figure out the questions (date is from around 1990).
Top 15 Answers Kids Gave in Sunday School
- Noah's wife was called Joan of Ark
- The fifth commandment is "Humor thy father and mother."
- Lot's wife was a pillar of salt by day, and a ball of fire at night.
- When Mary heard she was to be the mother of Jesus, she went off and sang Magna Carta
- Salome was a woman who danced naked in front of Harrods.
- Holy acrimony is another name for marriage.
- The Pope lives in a vacuum.
- Paraffin is next in order after seraphim.
- The patron saint of travelers is St. Francis of the sea sick.
- Iran is the Bible of Moslem's
- A republican is a sinner mentioned in the Bible
- The natives of Macedonia did not believe, so Paul got stoned.
- The first commandment was when Eve told Adam to eat the apple.
- It is sometimes difficult to hear what is being said in church because the agnostics are so terrible.
- God told Joseph to take Mary, and Jesus, and flea, to Egypt.